Sunday, April 11, 2010

1992 "Scratcher" Tattoo

Mannnn! My homeboy, Damon just texted me this pic of a tattoo I did back in 1992.... It was the Naughty by Nature logo.... I also did an Onyx & NWA tattoo.... I guess hip-hop back then had us inspired.... Those were the good old days... I was in Erskin street projects tattooing in peoples kitchens "Scratcher style" this is one of the reasons I don't believe in excuses....I was a country boy in the projects in the early 90s (a racist time)....Untrained and tattooing so I didn't have to rob, kill, or sell dope to survive.. But I knew I would only make "hood" money if I cont' to tattoo this way.... And I had my eyes set on REAL tattooing and real money.... So I looked for a tattoo master to train me and I moved to Atlanta to find my mentor and follow my dreams.....no excuses if a country boy can do it ANYONE can.... Just believe follow all the right steps and leave the hood to master your craft... Become a professional tattooist, and give back to your hood.... Even create jobs for the loyal people around you....make a plan! If your a "SCRATCHER" please don't say your a tattoo artist and confuse paying customers.... When I was a scratcher I was HONEST... Plus what professional tattoos in a kitchen or do tattoo parties? Get PROFESSIONAL training or your an enemy to everything I worked most of my life for....you take one step forward I will do my best to lead you in the right direction to becoming a real "tattoo artist"


1992 Scratcher Tattoo (I was 17 or 18 years old) Erskin Street


Posted from my iPhone

Location:The Projects

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have come far, and I am sure there is no limit to how far you will go.