Saturday, February 21, 2009

Growing Dreams...

I listen to the people...their voices are like seeds to me and my mind is like a flower pot. Anything a person tell me I can see it visually..sometimes that's good and sometimes it's bad...the gift and the curse...I try not to focus on negative things so I let the peoples voices come in and inspire my art...My brother told me, he loved me today, my son gave me a kung fu punch to my jaw and laugh about it because he got in a good one, my wife gave me the most beautiful smile today for no reason, and this homeless dude cursed me out for not giving him some money...all of these things grow dreams, and my dreams always become my reality..and that reality is my art...my world, City of Ink....we grow dreams like fruit and feed it back to the people...since they inspired it anyway...360



I grow dreams.....respect ALL elements of LIFE

6 comments:

CeCe said...

I love the idea of someone giving you a smile and growing dreams like fruit. You have so much positivity about you. I admire that.

Authentically U said...

That read like poetry and I absolutely loved it. Thanks for sharing! SO deep!

Unknown said...

I'm no poet but thank you....I just see life a lil' different...I see beauty in everything. Life is a beautiful thing you just have to pull something out of it...thanks for the love.

Hippie Maphia said...

I feel you one hundred percent. Drawing was my first recognized talent. Everyone thought that I would grow up to be a famous artist. But I was young, 7 years old, being the next Picasso bored me and I had no life experience and didnt realize how to channel others into my art, so I realized that I could sing just as good and never stopped, but I always kept art with me. It kept creeping back into my life, mainly through graphic design. Shit fascinated the hell out of me when I was 14 so I've been doing it ever since and currently go to AIA for it. Then art started creeping back in my life when I had to take drawing courses...till it hit me, I was born to do exactly what I knew I was good at and loved to do since I could pick up a pencil. So I did a lot of thinking about my future, what I WANT to do and what I think I should do if I want to have a better chance at being financial comfortable and decided to switch my major to just Art this fall...and since my father is a professor I can go to the University of Delaware for free, God is amazing. Going to AIA and being in the Atl scene period has really enlightened me on where I want to go with my art, Banksy but on a whole nother level. Banksy's an old white man saying whats real through his art, I'll be a 20 year old black...LADY (lol) doing just the same. I can't wait. I kept pushing art out of my life thinking that I wouldnt be able to keep it with me. Boy was I wrong. You are also an inspiration too Miya, to see where you came from with your art, to where you're going, it's impossible for me to doubt myself, and this blog post is EXACTLY why I want to be an artist for the rest of my life. Go draw a portrait of yourself so that IIII can buy it!

Unknown said...

Thank you I do have a portrait of myself I drew back in 1999...I will have 2 more in my book...so I hope you do go out and support them...some of the drawings in my book will be used for posters and will be sold on miyabailey.com

thanks again for the positive words...they do inspire.

Copasetic_Soul said...

Deep.... really feeling you there