Sunday, February 8, 2009

Underground Kingz of INK....

I first met Tuki in 95 in college. We kicked it right off. All we did was go to Zulu Nation meetings, go to the Warehouse (the club at the time) fuck around with girls, tattoo, and buy new clothes so we could stay fresher than the other folks in the streets of downtown ATL. We were 19 and 20 years old trying to make an impact on the world. We opened our first tattoo shop in 1997, Tuki are working between West End tattoo and Prophet Art. Those were the hard days, Tuki became a father and I had 2 kids of my own so our dreams were changing. I think we were listening to "We Major" Kanye and Nas in Asheville over Capone's crib and the HOOK was amazing. We were smoking and thats when Tuki decided he wanted to rap again and make music. Tuki was always rapping and battling fools in school. Him and Samba was even recording with Binkis (RIP Jax). After 14 years of tattooing together side by side it will be time for the other artists to step up and be the faces of City of Ink. We both have different side projects, Tuki will be touring and doing music with Hollyweerd, and I will be focused on the business and starting a film company with Chaka to showcase the lives of visual artists and musicians. I also will be starting a publishing company that will put out coffee table books, prints, and posters of my artwork. I still love tattooing, but I want everyone to have my art, so books and products are my future. I will always tattoo friends and loyal clients, but I need a chance to miss tattooing for a sec. I have been tattooing non-stop for 16 years straight. I took a week off last week...It's getting to a point where other tattoo artists aren't creating NEW styles of tattooing so no one in tattooing in inspring me except Yellow Blaze in Japan....but American style tattooing is really boring right now. So Tuki will do his music and I will work on my book series, and we will con't tattooing until our goals are reached....Once we have reach our point of happiness we will open a chain of City of Ink Tattoo Shops & Art Galleries in all the major cities..so right now I'm looking for my perfect TEAM for LA, NY, London, San Fran, etc....Inspire your City and make your dreams come true!!!



Tuki Carter  Miya Bailey Kings of InkTuki Carter  Miya Bailey Kings of Ink

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wait, wait, wait!!! before you take time off i need to come to ATL to get tattooed!! are you planning on taking your sabbatical any time soon, like with in these next few months??? please let me know. thanks!!!

Unknown said...

I will be be retiring anytime soon, I still have goals to complete and alot of tattoo projects to finish..so I will be here...just book me ASAP

Nakki said...

I'm glad that I was turned on to your shop. I'm proud to support a great black-owned business, especially one that is so unique. I think I need to call and make my next appt...

Copasetic_Soul said...

WOW... I better hurry and book you for the second half of my tattoo. I am open to other artist in the shop (all of them are talented) but since you did my first tattoo I would love for you to complete it. Totally understand your decisions though. That's what life is all about, especially when you are full of life. Mos def looking for your books. Big Big ups...

Ms. Nia Monet said...

Miya I must say you truely are an amazing guy!! You have been blessed with a beautiful/natural talent and I think it's wonderul u wantto share it with the world!! I can't wait to see what u come up with because I will most definately have some of your work in my house! Even though I've only been to city of ink once I plan to come down real soon to get some more body art before u hang up the needle! Try Friday night maybe???!! Lol but u are great man and keep doin your thang babe!!