Sunday, February 8, 2009

Females and PAIN

I have been tattooing for a living since 1993 and for the last 5 years my female clientele have REALLY stepped their ink game up. Woman are now spending wayyyy more money on body art and getting larger peices than men do. They also take pain better than men do. Now I'm known for having some of the most gentle handles in the tattoo industry but after 5 or 6 hours of tattooing I don't care how gentle your hands are it will start to hurt and MEN will show you it hurts. But the ladies usally just fall asleep or show no signs of pain after long hours of tattooing. I have female clients that book me out every 2 to 3 week to finish up large scale pieces. Pain is something we all have to face, but pain for art and beauty is amazing to me. My hat goes off to the She-Warriors who book me for full day session with no signs of pain....just joy from the art.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...how many of those women have had to endure child birth? I love it...the art of it had me hooked after my first one...

Geeky Black Girl said...

I'm still scared because of the pain. Thats why I still haven't set foot in your shop. Think I'll keep pussyfooting around until I get bold enough and my pockets get bigger. LOL.

Anonymous said...

a lot of the women you tat have problem been through emotional pain (or child birth like the first person said lol) so after enduring that, anything is possible.

Unknown said...

or maybe it's just I don't cause pain like other tattooist when I work...check out the videos.

AssertiveWit said...

when I got my bee tattoo with you, it didn't hurt in the beginning like my other tattoo's did...some of my first tattoo's felt like they were jabbing the needle into my skin to make sure the ink stayed...so harsh!

I will admit, after 3 hours of that constant needle, yes, it doesn't matter how gentle you are LOL but I don't think I'll go anywhere else and get tattoos because after years of going to other places, my experience at City of Ink has been the best and nothing comes close!!!

BTW, I've NEVER given birth; I just have a high threshold for pain

Nakki said...

That tat you did on my foot hurt like hell, but it was worth every tinge of pain!

As you know, body art is addictive, you forget about anything uncomfortable after it's over.

Lyrik Marie said...

I have 1 tattoo .. I love the adrenaline I get off of tattoos .. Will you be coming to new york anytime soon ??

Unknown said...

Let me explain something to the people reading. Lets think about a couple of things each person has a different definition of PAIN:

Look at all of those definitions and then realize what you are recieveing.

ART and the tru lovers of ART know and feel so much more outside of PAIN. There are soooo many other experiences/feelings you can sort through when you are getting a piece of work done. Or even looking a a peice of art, whether u own it or its in someone elses possesion.

Then realize that you absorb the energy from the artist with whos hands you are in. If the person is in pain, they will transfer that energy to you and it will reflect in your art, if that person is at peace and relaxed. You will feel it. But it is up to you to CHOOSE what you allow yourself to channel in to.
As a loyal Client of Miyas, I have sat in his presence and in his chair for well over 13 hours. The last thing i feel from him is pain of any sort. So his art does not hurt my body, energy, or my bank account.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i bet it was no pain you slut!