Sunday, February 22, 2009

Groupies, ladies, hoes, and QUEENS......

Lets be honest, if you have been to City of Ink then you know we tattoo a lot of females.Some are truly fans of our lifestyle and art work, some have supported our movement since the 90s, some are like our sisters and we protect them like our family... how a man suppose to protect their little sisters...but we can't forget the groupies and hoes....the balance for our sisters, the ladies and queens. I don't judge ANYONE except for fakers. If your a lady and a queen, carry yourself like one so us MEN will know how to treat you...men will treat you how you treat yourself...if you just want to fuck the crew because you think City of Ink is fly, then be honest so the brothers will know how to deal with you in that matter. But never act like you are something when your not. If your a freak say "I'm a freak and I'm proud of that, but I'm not a hoe!" If you a hoe say" I love yall City of Ink niggaz thats why I want ALL of yall" If your a lady say "I want to be down with this movement, how can I help you guys out?" All these mix signals I have no idea who I can trust, or who is really down with my cause. I feel everyone has a role, even the hoes and grouies to the ladies and Queens....human resources are human resources...just be HONEST and explain why your around if your not supporting the BUSINESS or you just want to hang out with the crew....either way express your reasons so you don't confuse the boys....no one likes titles but that is how men think and that logical side helps us treat people the way they treat themselves....and remember a groupie can't be a groupie unless you allow them to be one around you...so who are YOU? A Supporter of the movement, A fan to the art,a client, a hard worker, a groupie, a hoe, a troubled soul looking for help, an inspiring artist trying to get their foot in the door...who ever you are be PROUD of who you are and always play your role the best you can.

PS..for the record MEN can also be groupies and hoes but its earlier for a man to point out another man's mission...females are sneaker, than men are...LOL

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well said, but what about the brothers who use their talents to pimp the game? I remember when I used to perform spoken word about 6 years ago...brothers thought they could get a sister with all that metaphysical shyt and I was already aware...some men try to play the role just because they have a little skills hoping to find that groupie or ho or just a down to earth sister who sees the light in you and they try to capitalize the pussy...I'm just saying...if a brother wants a hoe and/or a groupie he should be able to stand up and say that too...

I think its only natural (and good) for women to cling to artists who are positive and have something more to offer than the standard, everyday, don't want to do nothing but stand on the block negro...and hey...for some that may be enough. But I think it's unfair to say that women who put themselves in the path of good men should be questioned as having an ulterior motive. It's like a catch 22, if they hang around good for nothings then a sister becomes labeled as someone who doesn't want nothing, and she's chasing the wrong men.

In regards to the Queen thing, everybody falls short. I mean, what one person thinks is righteous to another is mediocre. We've all played the role. The bottom line is when you're a talented man, with a lot going for you, your overall appeal skyrockets and not everyone wants something from you, perhaps they just want to bask in the light of you're glow.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks Cheron, I love your comment....I just want people to be 100% HONEST for their motive. They know I have a wife and family...they know I'm a workaholic..and they know I'm focused on making City of Ink a household name. It just sadden me at times that some people are not comfortable enough to just come and say what their motive is. I always down to meet new people who will inspire me in different ways and I'm open to making new friends because I STRONGLY believe you cross path with EACH person for a reason..maybe its a test from God or maybe God sent them to you to help in your mission. I just don't like when people act like their into the ART and the movement of City of ink and turn around their just groupies trying to have sex with everyone to fill a void in their life. We all have issues and problems...we are all humans, and I fight with my demons openly and in public..just don't call me a "friend" or "family" when your motive is to try me..don't play games just be 100% real and tell me what you want from me...don't try to fool me into thinking your down with what I stand off and you just want have a fetish for artist and brothers into be fresh as hell everday in the best fashion..LOL Thats not real thats ONLY the surface of the person...maybe I'm getting older and my views are growing with my age...I just hope I can teach my daughters to be 100% happy and proud of who they in life....I honor ALL the men and women who have REALLY down for what I stand for and to ALL the people who are 100% honest with their motive with me....if you ride for me I will ride for you....

Copasetic_Soul said...

LOL This was hilarious LOL Honestly, man I have never heard of you guys until like a week or so right before my tattoo but with you, in the 45 min it took for you to do my tattoo I could tell that you guys were on to something serious. And I could sense in the air that you guys would have to cut the grass way down in order to see the snakes. Sounds like your doing that now, but what God has for you is only for you and no man or woman can hinder, detour, or delay that. Keep moving as you are in the peace that God gives you and rest your soul. No everyone is out to get you but don't be fooled to thinking no one is either. I can tell you are a wise brotha and you make wise decisions. Continue to speak your mind through words and your art. Because the masses are listening. I read in your last post where you said you are not a poet, man your art is str8 up poetry. It speaks volumes. I can't wait to support your book and pass the word. O yes and when will people learn you can be a freak without being a Hoe LOL

Pro's Hood said...

Very eloquently put. The alarming thing is many dont know under which category they fall....

good[e]. said...

well 'Hood' i think it's a combination of that and the fact that most don't like the role they chose or fits them best. truth is a hard pill to swallow.

Unknown said...

Copasetic_Soul, thank you for seeing that in me my brother. It was an honor tattooing you and I hope you drop by Friday (FEB 27) for our 2 year Anniversary Art show....and your right you can be a FREAK and NOT be a HOE...Freaks are open sexually with their parnter or the chosen few and hoes just fuck everyone..lol

Unknown said...

Lmao...you know the real people are very few and far in between. But this blog was very well put.

Copasetic_Soul said...

LOL Right. I do plan on coming to the art show on Friday.