Sunday, February 15, 2009

I wish I told him....

I wish I told him how much I loved him, and how I looked up to him as a big brother.
When we were in the streets, I listened to all your words of wisdom. You always told me "Souljah, you are better than these damn streets, do something with your art." I didn't listen at first, I wanted to hang in the streets with you. I wanted to be a better street soldier than you, you inspired me. You gave me one of my first guns, you taught me how to get away from the police, how to be strong even when I was afraid, how to never show emotions to another another man, and how to never look weak in front of a woman. Now your gone and all I can remember was how you looked the last time I seen you. You let the streets beat you, you let drugs beat you. While I was in college making a new crew, I wish I would have tried harder to save you from the hood. I wish I would have told you the samething you told me...I love you, and I miss you my brother. Your Pain is my pain....

I wish I told him.....

6 comments:

Soulfulll said...

I'm sorry about your bro. If he's alive, I hope he changes for the better, if not, I'm sure you are making him proud.

Unknown said...

We wasn't my blood brother, but someone I was in the streets with...Life are chapters..I'm thankful to anyone that was apart of my past

ryon said...

First let me say Miya how you have inspired me to get back to writing man..check out the blog..http://ryonhorne.blogspot.com/

Secondly, let me say how this hits way too home dawg. I lost my best friend who literally took the place of my brothers when we disbanded as kids.

Keep the words coming man.

Anonymous said...

Life is shorter than most realize, thank you for sharing this. I hope that your message will reach someone who needs to hear it before it's too late.

Unknown said...

I believe that if you had the same heart he already knew. Sometimes the strongest words that can be spoken are the ones that aren't. *hug*

-Lexy

ReadMindz said...

Sometimes you wonder if times like these will change, I felt this when I lost an uncle to HIV, I said this when I lost my God Mother to Drunk Driving in Decemeber...I said it when I lost my best friend to suicide.
Sometimes you just have to keep moving, for those that can not.
Great Post Miya.