Sunday, May 9, 2010

Single Mothers

I did this piece of art over 9 years ago.. In 2001... It was inspired by all the single mothers I knew growing up... I only knew a FEW people who had both parents going up...a lot of my friends because of not having a father figure around turned to the streets or became unlady like...I watched my mother struggle so I don't believe in excuses that some people use today.. A woman can raise strong men and women alone... I know it's not easy but it can be done and it has been done....I have 2 daughters up in NC but a woman who also grew up without her father being in the household...I understand who she is and her own inner demons and struggles... But she do the best she know how with our daughters....we often don't see eye to eye but she is working hard.....she is a mother of 5 daughters (2 are mine) and she also helps raise her sisters children... So there are a lot of kids running around...I don't even know if I'm strong enough to handle that but she do it everyday... So Shelia this post is for you... I'm thankful for you and value your strength as a woman...I promise you blessings are coming your way... Just keep your head up...you are a blessings to my daughters... No matter how much I spoil my girls... No love in the world can compare to their mother... Always remember that... They love you dearly....there will be good days and bad days but I promise you everything will be ok.... I have your back and I thank you... happy Mothers day to all my single mothers in the struggle...Betters days are coming and your children willl never forget your hard work... That same hard work made me the man I am today...


Posted from my iPhone

4 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

thank you for writing this :)

Constant.Momentum said...

I love it! .. Everything you said was so very true. And I Love the drawing. I can't wait until I'm in your chair getting my "Motherhood" tat.

Great post Miya!

Steph B-More said...

beautiful

Lee said...

right on bro, right on...