Monday, May 24, 2010

The reason I walk...

A lot of people ask me "Miya, everytime I see you, your walking by yourself" that's because I walk for a reason...it's because I'm never in a rush unless I'm tryin to go see a movie or caught a flight out of town...I rarely get alone time so this is the perfect way to enjoy "peace of mind" and think of some new art ideas...and really enjoy not hearing other peoples voices....people miss so much of the small things driving... Maybe it's just my Asheville hippie side but I want to feel the sun... I want to feel the cold.. I want to enjoy each of the Earth's seasons...for example today.. Me & Rabbit were walking over to my art studio... And I almost stepped on a baby bird, because I was listening to UGK radio on Pandaro...I tried to help the bird but it started crying for it's mother...she showed up and I kept it moving...didn't feel like being attacked by birds today...but it's those small things that inspire my art and my life.. God send us lessons in strange way sometime... It's up to you to dicipher the message.








Posted from my iPhone am

Location:Atlanta GA

9 comments:

P.I.M.P.!! said...

I feel the same way. When you are plugged in you miss all those minute details. I just want to HEAR the magic of the universe sometimes.

Sin(ere said...

I feel that bro. I do a lot of walking myself. Helps me clear my mind, and get that "me" time. Although we're surrounded by nature many of us forget that.

So what did Rabbit think of the bird? I love that pic!

Ray Mapp Thinks ... said...

Miya ... you know how to teach and inspire teaching, learning and more art. I thank God for you young god. I will start walking a little more ... and by the way way you about to be Shopher Driven and walking with some level of added security. Sorry ... that's the reality of the FAME level you are headed and being the BEST at what you do leads to everybody want to talk to you and be around you.

Anonymous said...

I love the pic with baby bird and Rabbit. I feel you on the walking. I walk about 10 blocks a day (back and forth) to work and it really is a calming, peace-of-mind moment in an otherwise hectic day. And I LOVE when I can squeeze in a walk through Centennial Park! Driving is overrated!
-J.

Anonymous said...

Miya, I just wanted to stop and tell you how awesome you are. I haven't stopped in here in a while to read any of your blogs, but today I decided to check you out and I was just touched by the detail you produce off the small things. You do a very good job at depicting who you are an exerting that to your people. I loooooooove the picture of your new doggie looking at the bird. We are some very spoiled human beings with all of our cars, phones, clothes, and material things. More great things are in store for you Miya. Keep up the great work.

Kimberly B

Anonymous said...

New follower miya-..... Keep ya lessons coming. Walk on sistah!

Tross-

N-Doe said...

I am just in awe..the 1st thing that came out of my mouth after reading it was WOW...WOW....as i was reading it i just kept thinkin...man...i know exactly what he means...I CAN RELATE...

drewnmit said...

I often find myself missing so much because there are so many technological advances that demand our attention and attain it so well. I find solace when I take teh kids to the park and play with them, phone in the car... just playing like a kid.

Anonymous said...

Keep the dopeness coming my brother...