Monday, January 19, 2009

A day for a KING.....

When I was younger I didn't understand the dream of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I grew up facing racism, being called "nigger" almost everyday in the streets of West Asheville. Me and my friends had to fight skinheads and police often, sometimes we would win and sometimes we would lose. All the fighting made me bitter and hard inside, and I had a hard time trusting people so I stayed in the projects where I felt safe around other people facing the same problems of racism. Once I opened my first tattoo shop in 97, I got to meet people of all races and my heart opened up. I learned that not everyone was racist and that we all had fears we would have to over come. I would like to honor the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The older I have grown the more I understand his vision and the more I understand how ALL the movements were needed to help build Black awareness and self esteem. Thank you Dr. King and all the other fallen Warriors who lose their lives to teach and earn our freedom here in American and all over the world. You have inspired minds of ALL races. Your dream has inspired Obama and others that we can do ANYTHING that we put our minds too.