Monday, November 16, 2009

Carla-Aaron Lopez...bright future




I wrote about the photography work of Carla-Aaron Lopez before. I'm a biggggggg fan of her work...City of Ink hosted her show "My Black America" earlier this year...it broke ALL African American stereotypes... No jazz or hiphop scenes... No model shaped naked women & men Just a reflection of her lifestyle and the culture of MOST creative rebels of black America and other beautiful races. I was walking down to Tilt coffee shop checking my Twitter messages when Corey Davis twitted a photo from his Mach 5 LP dropping in Dec. When I first saw it I KNEW it was Carla's work...the way she captures the spirit and personality of the subject reminds of the older works of Marc Baptiste...I feel Carla is focused and will have a bright future...one of the reasons I own 3 pieces of her work...I bought 2 pieces from the "My Black America" show.... One was a photo of Corey Davis and the other was of Tim Friday ( 2 young artists I feel will inspire the people once wisdom and age kick in) at the anniversary City of Ink show I bought a dark shadowy oral sex piece from her... Most people can't even tell what the subject is doing in the photo because of the deep shadows so I hang it up in front of my tattoo chair in the shop..it's a beautiful piece, one of my favs... Tuki lucked up and bought Carla's self portrait before I did.... He lucky I didn't see it first...keep your eyes & ears open for this amazing talent, this young lady has a genius mind, a humble soul, and an amazing eye of talent "Carla-Aaron Lopez"


Posted from my iphone

No comments: