Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bootleg Tattoos... Why?

I have been bootlegged MANY times...I have seen 100's of fake MB Originals...I have no clue why a person would take a photo of another persons tattoo and give is to a FAKE ass tattooist aka a "SCRATCHER" and copy their tattoo and put it on their body? That's just stupid to me... I know some people or customers don't know any better but the person doing the tattoos KNOW BETTER... I know it's a recession and we all have to eat but their is NO excuse for "stealing"... this happened to Corey Davis yesterday for the first time in his tattoo career... Welcome to the club young man...the bootleg tattoo was done in the dorm room over at Morehouse college...we are losing other youth because they are not being guiding in the right direction... Today kids have a lack of respect for art and tattooing and it's sad...they are tattooing victims who don't know any better and really hurting the whole tattoo industry...I will not name the Morehouse's dorm room scratcher.... Shit I was once a scratcher tattooing in my own dorm room but I never once copies another artists hard work and put it on other people for money... That's stealing and it's WRONG period....if you are reading this and have a problem with my opinion on tattooing & art... We can talk about it like men...but be clear I do NOT agree with tattooing people without professional training.. These are human beings and tattoos are for life...that can be very dangerous and unhealthy if you were not trained in this art form




Corey Davis's original tattoo & the bootleg version done over in Morehouse college

Posted from my iPhone

Location:Morehouse college

5 comments:

khalfani℠ said...

i saw this last night , and it's flat out sad . foreal . i know ish is bad on both ends with money but i'd rather saddle up and pay the money to have it done by a REAL artist and not have permanent fcked up art on me .

and from the tattooist's (*COUGH) persepective , thats just a dumb ass move . no class and no respect . smfh . . .

Lola S Kane said...

That's a shame on both ends. Since when has it ever been cool to create or rock fake stuff? GROSS!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cory has to be feeling good to know he has some one who wants to be like him. This is a mess, lol. Straight Garbage!

Geeky Black Girl said...

Wow, what an awful bootleg. Here's a "do-better" card.

V!CK D@MON3 said...

This is sad. You can actually see the poor quality in the art. Crooked lines, amateur shading... Over all lack of skill!