Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Are We Robots?







I was on the plane leaving Miami going back to Atlanta...when I over heard the people sitting in front of me talking about "love" and how their daughter was going out with a dude they did not like....which inspired this drawing...I was looking at this toy robot book and thought to myself "People always trying to control things" even LOVE....love isn't logic and most of the time it don't even make sense...we listen to other peoples advice on love for guidance.... But do we ever follow their words of advice? A close friend of mine told me a few weeks ago, she was going out with a new guy...I can't really go into detail but what stood out was when she said "Our careers match" or something like that...just imagine picking a mate based on their JOB....it's the logical thing to do...but isn't that letting society control your opinion on what to look for in a mate? Just imagine if we let our parents pick our husbands & wives... Could you be happy with the person they picked for you? I feel once you listen to the words of other based on their opinion about your relationship and you let those opinions change how you see LOVE then you are a robot being controlled by the people around you....who's business is it? And why do you have to have the same old American type marriage or relationship? Why can't we see "love" like the rest of the world? Everyone is different and we all see love in a different way...so if we see love in a different way... Then we should all have different types of marriages & relationships...we are not robots....Love that person the same way they love you....you don't have to agree on everything just meet in the middle and don't try to change your mate... Do what you feel is natural... And respect your mate based on their views on life, love & relationships...

Posted from my iPhone

Location:Robot Land aka America

4 comments:

PaperFrank said...

That's some real shit.

Tiffalicious said...

If only love & life were that simple for me... sometimes when I read your post I envy how simple you look at things. I wish my mind wasn't so cloudy at times and I could view everything so clearly. I admit, I have let society cloud my judgment on relationships. Instead of looking for love, I look for stability, maturity, dependability. Not because I dont want to take care of myself, but I want someone who can handle their business just as much as I can. I loved someone before with no job & no real ambitions, & I must admit the love was deep, but my respect for him was not! To watch my man sit on his behind all day & not once REALLY attempt to better himself was unbearable. Now as I look for a relationship, so not to fall down that previous path of love lost, I look for a man where "Our careers match" along with other things. The stresses of not having a financially stable household overrule my search for "love" (for now) I am a robot.

Tiffalicious said...

I tweeted you about this reminding me of Robocop by Kanye in reference to the lyrics "stop, drop, roll, pop" about the girl being controlled by her family.

Davin said...

The 'robot' mentality affects in different ways. An ex got upset at me once because I said that my goal in life was to make a living doing good art. She wanted me to say that I wanted to do art as a means to eat at fancy restaurants, buy name brand clothes, and the other things that come with keeping up with the Joneses. I don't need much to be alright, but when you're dealing with materialistic people, not being materialistic is somehow seen as a lack of ambition, and that's not at all true. I just prefer to do things that make me happy, and not to impress others.