Saturday, April 18, 2009

Worth the Time.....



A lot of people ask me why do I take tattooing and my art so serious.. The answer is it's my LIFE... Everytime I do a tattoo I think about how many hours it will take me to do..and if this person even cares that I haven't seen my son in days because I'm sitting in one place allday tattooing and working to feed my family. Since I rarely get to see any of my children, I put that love, pain, struggle, and emotion in EVERY piece I do...yes I can be picky who and what I tattoo on people thats because I have to ask myself "Is this tattoo worth my time away from my love ones?" I have missed sooo much of my childrens life working and serving the people, and I'm afraid they won't understand why I work as hard as I do...I don't want my children to struggle like I did growing up...I remember watching my mother work 2 and 3 jobs to make sure we had food to eat...I remember my mother not eatting dinner because she wanted to make sure all 4 of her children had enough to eat and make sure we are ALL full. Now just imagine you eatting dinner, and your mother cooked it for you but not eatting herself to make sure her babies were full first....thats the strength I come from..these are the visions thats feel my heart and mind EVERYTIME I do a tattoo....I don't know if my kids even read my blogs..and like most men...its hard to express my emotions at time...but Algeria, Egypt, and Prophet..daddy LOVES you..I PROMISE I will make more time for you...I do it ALL for yall...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly a touching blog.
I hope and pray that your children realize one day what kind of man you are.

Anonymous said...

Man That's the truest thing i ever heard. They will never understand the passion for art and the love for our kids. They just want a tat2 and they want it now!

AssertiveWit said...

I can honestly say, I didn't understand my parents and everything they sacrificed for me until I was able to reason past the obvious. I'm grateful for the 2 parents God gave me because I know they did their best. Hopefully, your kids feel the same about you :)

Sweet Georgia Peach said...

Like you, my mom sacrificed so that we, her kids, would have, even when she didn't.

It may not be all understood now, but they will. Eventually, when they get older and see how they benefited from your sacrifice.

What I now understand is how much my mother loves me. Because of her sacrifice I know that no matter what or who, my mama has my back and she'll never let me suffer if she can help it. It also taught me strength, perseverance, independence, and love. Don't fret.

Thank you for sharing a man's perspective.

ReadMindz said...

amazing an I understand, I struggled an am struggling from the same senarios. It's a man's world, but it's man that makes it difficult. Thanks for sharing the love.

designsbyadrian said...

WOW! Is all I could say as I read this blog!!! It actually brought tears to my eyes... I am a single mom...a hairstylist...and dedicated to my craft. I am ONLY three years in this hair game and have missed so much of my son's progression in his 2 years...trying to make a better situation for him...Staying late watching other stylist, doing my clients...trying to better my craft!!! I have often walked in to my sleeping child...missing bath time...and cuddle time...to deal with clients!!! And Miya trust many of the people that get the tattoos from you don't realize the time you put in it nor the time that you are away from your family!!!

Definitely in my industry many don't give a flying f*** that you haven't seen your child since 7am and its 9pm and you are "STILL" at the shop! It took for a 'PAST" client to be SO self absorbed when my father had a heart attack...she asked me to please call her the next day to confirm if I was able to come in as my father lie in ICU!!! Needless to say a week later my dad expired from this earth (March 6, 2009). It was then I made the decision that I would be selective in my clients even if risking losing money...and I would make time for my son...and I would balance each!!!

You are a great artist and I value your work and time...and that is why I had no problem putting my $50deposit down for my FIRST appt with you in Sept 09'!!! Keep doing what you are doing and it will pay off!! But make that time for your children and family...Anyone who can't understand or accept that...IS NOT THE CUSTOMER FOR YOU!!!

God Bless and ya new lil sis will holla at ya!!!

Adrian

JammMASTER Flow said...

"I put that love, pain, struggle, and emotion in EVERY piece I do..."
I have come to Understand No one can Value Ur Work Like U can.With that said:
Your beautiful ONES may not know 2Day...Not even 2Morrow, BUT what U embody in your Art will Live on for Decades and Yes they will Understand Miya Ur Dope!
~MsJammie