Monday, April 6, 2009

Everyday life....

A lot of people ask me how do my day start...well, I usally wake up around the time my wife is getting my son ready for school. I get out the bed, look out the window, and say a prayer to myself. I ask the Most High to protect my childen, ask for my wife to make it to work safely and hope that everyone in my world have a blessed day and get home safe from their everyday lives. I then roll a blunt and do about 30 min of drawings. I try to remember all my dreams, and sketch it down real fast while it's fresh in my mind. My dreams are usally, business related, art related, and I'm a man so you know whatelse I dream about...but all those dreams are used for business ideas or for my artwork. I roll up a blunt, and began checking all my email. I get about 50-150 tattoo related emails per day. I smoke my blunt and reply back to ALL the emails. I want to stay close to my people so I don't let the City of Ink managers check my emails (I just let them set the appointments after I have replied back to their emails) Most of the time I don't even bring my cellphone home after work..so all my boys house the crib. After the emails, I check my myspace page and reply back to all the messages...after myspace, I check my twitter and facebook accounts....I usally get some very inspiring messages on facebook..so I stay on that site the longest...then I check my youtube page message..I get more business related messages on that site....people always asking me to post more videos of me tattooing and more of my personal side...and opinions on life..I then go to google.com and type in "Miya Bailey" to read the lastest blogs and articles about me or City of Ink (I try to keep up with what the people are saying about us)..by this time I'm feeling good from the blunt. I work out for about 45 min. to an hour, turn on the TV (sometimes Demayne, Icky, or Mr. Soul will drop by after that and we smoke another one) I go to my closest put on some music..and depending on the music is how I will dress for the day..I feel fashion should be a major part of all artist lives. Clothing reflects how you feel about yourself and one of the best way to show expression...I mostly wear black..I have a serious black fetish...maybe it's because I love vampires so much...or maybe because I grew up reading some many Black Panther books...either way..I love black clothing....I take my sons Sponge Bob cd player and put in Purple Rain (Prince) or Love Supreme (John Coltrane)..I take the cd player in the bathroom with me and jump in the shower, I get in a zone and think about how my day at City of Ink will be and how much money I want to make that day...I then walk to work,..the reason I love walking is because thats the ONLY time I can be alone.. I'm always surrounded by people..and I feel all humans should have time alone...one of the other reasons I don't like taking my cell home with me...it's only a 15 min. walk...I take a few photos on my walk to work...I love taking pictures of misc things I see in the street...and I put them all in my artwork...I walk inside City of Ink and ask Samba who is my first appointment for the day, he introduce me to my first appt...sit down next to them and ask them their spending budget and their tattoo idea....how bout yall just check out this video..City of Ink life.....


No comments: